Whole Foods Market's trends council has predicted the next clean beauty skin care trend: Juiced-Up Skin Care.
Related: 2021's Top 8 Wellness Trends
This trend entails adding the best superfoods, from fruits to vegatables, into skin care products to have the benefits work from the outside. Theses fruits and veggies can contain skin healing and hydrating benefits to give an overall healthy look.
Ingredients can include:
- Cucumbers which are made up of 95% water, so it can be a great hydrating ingredient,
- Squash is a source of beta-carotene, which gets converted into vitamin A,
- Kale contains vitamins, phytochemicals and carotenoids,
- Watermelon hydrates the skin and is packed with antioxidants vitamin C and E,
- Grapes can work to nourish and protect the skin.