Hilda Gonzalez, DACM, L.Ac, MSTOM, CMT, a holistic and primary health care provider at Saffron & Sage in San Diego, has created a helpful list of ways that pros AND their clients can prepare for their COVID-19 vaccination, both in terms of strengthening their bodies beforehand and minimizing post-shot side effects.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep each night, two to three days leading up to the appointment.
- Eat warming and nourishing foods, avoiding sugar and dairy.
- Receive a combination of moxibustion (warming therapy) and acupuncture to invigorate the body up to two days prior.
- Take an herbal blend, whether an herbal tea or other botanical medicine, to help the body feel balanced the day of the vaccine.
- After receiving the shot, receive a combination acupuncture and fire cupping to help drain heat from the body and release sore muscles.
- Continue the herbal therapy twice a day for two days after the vaccine to rebalance the body.
- Rehydrate with IV therapy, ideally a with a formula that relieves muscle soreness, aids in relaxation and rehydrates the body.
- Meditate for 20 minutes daily to recenter and relax.