Earth Day 2021 will see the GSN Foundation and Dazzle Dry partner up for the Promise To The Planet social media campaign in response to the urgent need to help combat climate change. Promise to the Planet calls on members of the wellness and beauty industry, along with consumers, to paint their nails green and blue, snap a pic and share their promise and painted nails on social media with the hashtag #promisetotheplanet.
As part of the campaign, Dazzle Dry will introduce its Earth Day Collection of nail lacquer; for every order made on Thursday, April 22, 2021, that includes a lacquer from the collection (as well as select blues and greens), Dazzle Dry will plant two trees with WeForest. To date, Dazzle Dry has planted about 150,000 trees with in the Khasi Hills of India and Luanshya, Zambia.
Consumers and industry leaders can also participate in other earth-care practices, including:
- eating less meat
- using reusable bags
- shortening showers
- shopping vintage, secondhand clothing
- eliminating plastic water bottles
- using reusable PPE as much as possible
- walking, biking, carpooling or taking transit instead of driving alone
- choosing clean beauty brands/green ingredients, and less packaging
- buying in bulk and refilling containers to cut down on waste
- planting trees or donating toward tree planting via the GSN Planet Tree Planting Initiative
“I think we can all agree that the health of the planet is not a political matter, but a threat to our future and the future of the next generation," said Thor Holm, GSN Planet board president. "We can make a difference and we can do it together!”