Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina, located on Hawaii’s rugged leeward coast, will host ‘Back to our Roots’ on Global Wellness Day: a complimentary day of curated wellness programs with a focus on spa, fitness and culinary on Saturday, June 10, 2017. Programming invites guests and community to be well in paradise with authentic, ancient and innovative healing practices and the unique opportunity to explore Hawaii’s newest luxury spa offerings.
‘Back to our Roots’ Global Wellness Day highlights include:
- 7:00-8:00 a.m. – Greet the day at our ‘Place of Joy’ with Hatha Yoga on Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina’s beautiful ocean front lawn.
- · 8:00-10:00 a.m. – Head to La Hiki Kitchen and enjoy a ‘Back to our Roots’ Breakfast Buffet. Nurture the mind, body and soul with the powers of poi, a Hawaiian staple for thousands of years. In addition to fresh mango, lychee and papaya, enjoy a gluten free station, Acai bowls with pa`i`ai (pounded taro), and a delicious fresh fruit smoothie bar. Local taro farmer Anthony from Ka’onohi Poi will demonstrate poi pounding at La Hiki Kitchen from 8:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. – Learn the art of traditional Lomilomi massage with Bronson Salazar, lead therapist at the Four Seasons award-winning Naupaka Spa & Wellness Centre. Bronson demonstrates the principles and techniques of indigenous healing passed down to him by his grandmother in one of the resort’s traditional Hawaiian healing hales.
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Restore your spirit with a blessing and meditation at Pokahu Point. Auntie Nettie Tiffany, Kahu at Lanikuhonua, will offer a traditional Hawaiian blessing to share the special mana of the area, historically a healing retreat for Hawaiian royalty. Guests are invited to linger for personal meditation or walk to the beach and wade for a Hawaiian ocean cleansing ritual of mind, body and spirit.
Celebrated annually by Four Seasons Resorts around the world, Global Wellness Day shines a light on the importance of wellness and encompassing everything from exercise and beauty treatments to spiritual teachings and the harmony between body and spirit.
A few of the exciting activities that Rosewood Hotels will offer in celebration of Global Wellness Day include:
- Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco (Montalcino, Italy): Take in the stunning landscapes of Tuscany with a walking and breathing tour of the property’s grounds while younger guests experience the uplifting power of puppies with a dog-cuddling session.
- Rosewood Mayakoba (Riviera Maya, Mexico): Aqua floating lessons in the beautiful blue beaches of Mexico will revitalize and relax the body and mind in preparation for an outdoor cooking lesson from Rosewood Mayakoba’s esteemed culinary team, where guests will learn how best to utilize indigenous ingredients from the region.
- Rosewood CordeValle (San Martin, California): A wellness-focused package curated especially for the occasion includes an extensive range of fitness classes, a Smoothie 101 class, and a credit towards an extensive selection of relaxing spa treatments at the property’s Sense, A Rosewood Spa.
- Rosewood Puebla (Puebla, Mexico): Enjoy invigorating dancing and yoga classes on the panoramic rooftop of Rosewood’s newest property before embarking on a healthy cooking journey with Executive Chef Jorge Gonzalez.
In honor of Global Wellness Day, Seven Stars Resort & Spa in Turks and Caicos, is shining the spotlight on the importance of celebrating healthy living every day. The resort caters to guest’s desires to live and feel well by encouraging them to experience a variety of wellness offerings provided on the property.
- Sunrise Yoga – Guests are welcomed to enjoy sunrise Yoga held on the West Deck overlooking Grace Bay Beach on Monday’s and Friday’s from 8am-9am. This class emphasizes attention on body alignment while coordinating movement with breath and is a fusion of kinesthetic principles from yoga and dance alike.
- Water Sports – Active travelers seeking fit and fun activities are encouraged to experience the resort’s complimentary water sports, including Hobie Cats, paddle boards, kayaks and snorkeling equipment.
- Biking – Ideal for casual, self-guided tours around Provo, the Seven Star bikes are perfect for travelers seeking a healthy adventure.
- 24/7 Fitness Center – Enjoyed by the traditional fitness buff, the Seven Stars’ Fitness Centre features a wide range of cardiovascular equipment and resistance training machines to ensure a heart-pumping workout.
- Award Winning Restaurants, SEVEN & The Deck – Practice healthy eating at Seven Star Resort & Spa’s SEVEN restaurant! For dinner, get a taste of the island’s freshest seafood, steak, and even vegan options from their new menu. During the day, the Deck serves up well-balanced dishes that include island inspired salads, wraps and more.
- World-Class Spa – Relax the mind and indulge the body with beachside spa treatments. Expert Spa Therapists specialize in relaxation and wellness – they know a variety of massage techniques to improve circulation, hasten detoxification, release tension and more.