Spafinder Launches The Wellness App
The app, available for iOS and Android, gives users the ability to find, book and pay for wellness services, plus earn rewards, from their phones.
Spafinder Wellness, Inc. recently announced the launch of its mobile application, “The Wellness App,” for iOS and Android. The app brings together the fragmented landscape of wellness providers and, for the first time, gives users the ability to find, book and pay, plus earn rewards, all from their mobile phones. The Wellness App is available in Apple’s App Store and on Google Play; to download, visit www.spafinder.com/thewellnessapp.
Spafinder Wellness has over 25,000 wellness businesses in its network, including yoga and Pilates studios, fitness clubs, spas, salons and wellness travel destinations. Behind the scenes, the Spafinder Wellness platform allows for payment processing to these locations with the app, even though they have uncommon point-of-sale or booking systems. Mobile and Internet connectivity makes this unique app functionality available to consumers and businesses. The app is especially attractive to employers who have workplace wellness programs or incentive/rewards companies that promote healthy lifestyles.
Consumers who receive Spafinder Wellness 365™ Cards as gifts, incentives or rewards will be able to download them to the app and use them to purchase from providers in the Spafinder Wellness Network. The Wellness App is also fully integrated with the company’s rewards program, My365Rewards, awarding users points for a variety of in-app and on-site behaviors. The new app features well-known wellness providers, including brands such as Bliss, Equinox, Mandarin Oriental, Canyon Ranch, Elemis, Curves and Zeel, the Massage On Demand company.
“We believe finding ways to feel good and stay healthy should be easy and rewarded. With The Wellness App, Spafinder Wellness gives users a simple way to keep wellness funds handy and find, book and pay for services they choose,” says Pete Ellis, chairman and CEO of Spafinder Wellness. “For existing Spafinder Wellness users, the experience begins with a seamless transition of their rewards points and account information after they log in to the app; for new users, it’s about an easy connection to their next great wellness experience.”
The Wellness App, developed by Spafinder Wellness’ technology team, with support from Miami-based technology agency YellowPepper, breaks new ground in introducing a first-of-its-kind payment platform and the most advanced universal mobile payments technology for the wellness industry. The result is a single solution that gives consumers a seamless experience across providers.
The Wellness App allows users to:
- Discover a Global Network of Wellness Providers: Choose a provider based on location, services, pricing or reviews; try a new location or connect directly with a trusted provider.
- Real-Time Bookings: Make an appointment or reserve a class at select partners (live in May).
- Pay for Services: Consumers can pay for services with the app, using a secure account with the in-app card and barcode scanner. They can also reload funds with a linked credit card.
- Earn Points & Rewards: All in-app behaviors are linked to the Spafinder My365Rewards Program, meaning that users earn points for everything from loading their Mobile Wellness Cards, booking classes and treatments, paying for services to even writing reviews. Points can be used toward services at partner locations.
- Get Location-Based, Real-Time Promotions & Special Offers: With local searches, users also get notification of nearby deals. When they achieve Silver and Gold Rewards levels, they have the opportunity to receive exclusive offers and invitations to special events.
- View Detailed Provider Descriptions and Service Offerings: Get a snapshot view of an individual location with descriptions and reviews.
- Rate & Review: App users can rate locations and leave feedback based on their experience (live in April).
“The app bridges the many gaps that have made wellness offerings diffuse and inconsistent, and brings together all types of providers, from large, established businesses to single-location establishments, to offer consumers a unified, seamless experience under one umbrella,” said Ellis.
To learn more about or to download The Wellness App, visit www.spafinder.com/thewellnessapp.