Eco-resort booking platform Regenerative Travel has introduced the Impact Awards, which highlight initiatives dedicated to social and environmental impact, with a focus on encouraging purposeful transformation in travel and hospitality.
The shortlist will be announced on July 15, 2021, and the accompanying People's Choice award will be open for votes until August 15, 2021. Overall winners within each category will be awarded at the 2021 Regenerative Travel Summit in September.
Award Categories Include:
- Regenerative Hotelier of the Year: Hotel owners/managers who promote positive social and environmental impact.
- Regenerative Travel Initiative of the Year: A travel/tourism initiative that has drawn attention to social and environmental issues, inspiring action.
- Regenerative Activist of the Year: A passionate campaigner recognized for their contributions to bring about social and environmental change.
- People’s Choice: Readers will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite individual or project.
- Conservation: Initiatives working to restore and regenerate ecosystems, biodiversity or critical species.
- Food and Agriculture: Ideas that restore food systems, improving quality and availability, supporting farmers and promoting healthy ecosystems.
- Climate: Innovative ideas that bring greenhouse gas emissions to zero (and beyond) or uplift nature’s carbon cycle.
- Education: Projects that deepen or broaden education’s impact, promoting equity and understanding.
- Health and Wellness: Holistic and restorative approaches that promote well-being.
- Community: Initiatives that promote equity and honor culture for vibrant, resilient communities.