Six California-based hotels have joined Lexus for its Retreats in Motion self-care program, a five-day retreat that allows guests to take a scenic, restorative drive in a new 2021 Lexus IS between two of the luxury hotels, with curated self-care activities along the way.
"These days, the desire to escape on the open road to rejuvenate mind and spirit has never been more enticing," says Vinay Shahani, Lexus vice president of marketing. "The Retreats in Motion program not only provides perfectly planned, luxurious getaways in a Lexus vehicle, but they also elevate the classic road trip with much-needed recuperative experiences."
The "itineraries" include:
- Cavallo Point Lodge to Post Ranch Inn
- Bardessono Hotel & Spa to Pebble Beach Resorts
- Terranea Resort to Post Ranch Inn
- In spring 2021, those visiting the East Coast will be able to travel between XV Beacon and Chatham Bars Inn in Massachusetts.
Guests will spend two nights at each resort, with an average three-hour drive between each property, before returning to the originating hotel. They'll take a customized route featuring suggested stops and wellness activities to enjoy throughout the drive. Travelers will see beautiful views, relax with aromatherapy or guided breathwork, and have the option to indulge their taste buds with healthy gourmet meals at the end of each day.
Health and wellness lifestyle brand mindbodygreen helped create custom content featuring well known experts for each retreat, including:
- Podcasts on sustainability with best-selling author Jonathan Safran Foer.
- Guided walking meditation with teacher Mary Beth LaRue, along with content covering topics from mindful eating to movement for longevity.
- An immersive sound bath with expert Sara Auster, designed specifically for the car's sound system, that helps clear energy blockages and deliver a sense of calm.