Raison d’Etre, the global spa consultancy and think tank for wellness, has launched its mid-year wellness trends relevant to spas, hotels and lifestyle operators. Anna-Cari Gund, Managing Director at Raison d’Etre and the team have identified seven trends from #Hashtag treatments to Nutritarianism that will begin to grow in popularity in the latter half of 2017 and beyond.
Recognizing that wellness is one of the fastest moving and growing lifestyle sectors, Anna-Cari and the team at Raison d’Etre are now monitoring trends on a monthly basis to ensure their international partners can make informed decisions on their business developments. Anna-Cari Gund says “Having an awareness of growing trends is an essential aspect of running a business within a competitive industry. By incorporating trend-lead themes into new packages or adjusting operations as a response to these mid-year trends, will help to improve spa branding and increase occupancy levels as trends increase in popularity.”
Mid-Year Wellness Trends from Raison d’Etre
1. The Power of Brains – an increase in demand for mental wellness, brain workouts and stimulating activities within spas and health clubs.
2. Nutritarianism – Creating personalized nutrition plans with a focus on gut bacteria issues, nootropics and dietary requirements or preferences.
3. OptimIZED Living – working with material, light, air and sound to improve sleep quality.
4. Kids Wellness – a response to lots of reports and media attention on wellness among children at home, in school and during travel and vacations, contributing to their development.
5. Accessible & Affordable Wellness – creating more varied packages that help to make aspects of spa more accessible with more flexibility with mixing and matching package offerings.
6. Hashtag Treatments – maximizing as much as possible with social media obsessions and trends and also working closely with influential individuals and celebrities.
7. The Contrasts – A focus on connectivity, information overdose and silent retreats, the contrasts in our daily lives in terms of exercise, temperature and food too incorporating trend-lead diets such as the 5:2.
The full report on Raison d’Etre Mid-Year Wellness Trends 2017 are being released weekly on the Raison d’Etre blog www.raisondetreblog.com.