The second annual Daytime Beauty Awards (DBA) took place September 20 in sunny Los Angeles. A sister to the Hollywood Beauty Awards, the DBA focuses on scientifically backed beauty, health and wellness and was created to honor pros in such categories as aesthetics, skin care, health and fitness, product innovation and more. This year’s show benefitted the Helen Woodward Animal Center, a no-kill facility based in San Diego.
The star-studded event featured presenters Rachel Zoe, Katharine McPhee Foster, Michelle Stafford, Katherine Kelly Lang, Afroman, Sophia Pierson, Danielle Lauder, James Maslow, Jack Brinkley Cook, Denis De Souza (2018 DBA recipient) and Patty Bunch (Emmy-nominated makeup artist)—plus a red carpet visit from Britney Spears.
Here are the honorees for 2019:
- Christie Brinkley: Outstanding Achievement in Health
- Kate Somerville: Outstanding Achievement in Skincare
- Ivan Pol: Outstanding Achievement in Aesthetics, presented by Moitié Cosmetics
- Sam Asghari: Outstanding Achievement in Fitness
- Tess Mauricio: Outstanding Achievement in Medicine
- Rick Glassman: Outstanding Achievement in Dentistry
- Ted Gibson and Jason Backe: Outstanding Achievement in Color & Styling
- Tommy Chong: The Zen Award
- CIC Beauty: The Innovation Award, presented by Beverly Hills Times Magazine
- Hästens: The Sleeping Beauty Award
- Oxygenetix: Brand of the Year
- Christopher Guy: Special Tribute Award