With the recently announced collaboration between the International SPA Association (ISPA) and Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna, organizers of the Spa Symposium are releasing the educational agenda and speaker line-up of the eagerly anticipated event.
Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna and ISPA have organized a Spa Symposium and will follow with other initiatives designed to support the global spa community. The Spa Symposium in collaboration with ISPA will consist of a two-day educational conference on Friday, March 17 and Saturday, March 18, 2017, in Bologna, Italy, at Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna, the leading beauty trade show, celebrating its fiftieth anniversary. A line-up of nine industry leaders will share their valuable insights and experience during the featured presentations and panel discussions.
“ISPA is recognized for delivering top-notch education to the spa industry. Being able to bring this education around the world further strengthens the spa community,” said ISPA President Lynne McNees. “We are grateful for the strong partnership we are building with Cosmoprof.”
“The International SPA Association is world-known for its outstanding education and impact on leading key decision makers in the spa community,” said Enrico Zannini, director of Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna. “We are pleased to start collaborating with ISPA with the upcoming Cosmoprof worldwide bologna 2017 edition.”
Industry leaders serving as speakers are:
- Sharilyn Abbajay, founder, Abbajay & Associates
- Todd Hewitt, corporate director of spa, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts
- Jeremy McCarthy, group director of spa, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Garrett Mersberger, director, Kohler Waters Spas & Development, Kohler Co.
- Frank Pitsikalis, founder & chief executive officer, ResortSuite
- Todd Shaw, spa director of The Peaks Resort & Spa
- Ella Stimpson, director of spa, fitness and racquet sports, The Spa at Sea Island
- Michael Tompkins, partner at Huffman Hospitality Concepts
- Bryan K Williams, owner, B.Williams Enterprise
The topics of the educational sessions available to attendees during the event include: ISPA Consumer Report, Using Analytics to Take Your Spa to the Next Level, Retail and Revenue: Building Teams that Sell, Customer Service – the Heart of the Spa Experience, and What’s Trending in the Spa World.