7 Wellness Secrets from Michelle Harris of Alive & Well
1) Eat Well – Most of us are constantly on the go. You need a good foundation in order to keep looking and feeling your best. Mine starts with maintaining a healthy diet. I avoid sugar and meat, and always eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible. I feel so much better when I stay on track!
2) Maintain Your Skin – I’m a big believer in lasers, facials and other skin treatments. They help correct imperfections and help to keep the complexion looking incredible longer! One of my favorites is Clear + Brilliant: It’s a quick and easy laser service (it can be performed in under an hour) but also keeps my skin glowing when I’m filming, have a major event or when my skin just needs a pick-me-up. Nothing feels quite like great-looking skin!
3) Morning Meditation – Just 15 minutes of meditation in the morning keeps me sane. No matter what lies ahead, I’m giving myself the best possible start to my day!
5) Stay Hydrated – I always carry a reusable water bottle with me when I go out. Living in Southern California can be very drying so getting enough water is even more important when it comes to keeping your energy level up and skin looking moist.
6) Make Bedtime Relaxing – I take magnesium in the evening to help me relax. I also use lavender aromatherapy oils to help get a good night’s sleep!
7) Give Back – It isn’t just needed, it feeds the soul! I work to help find homes for pets in need of their forever homes. I founded the animal rescue group Animal Angels, and it’s something I’m passionate about. I get back much more than I give!
About Michelle Harris and Alive & Well
Michelle Harris is the host of the national TV series Alive & Well with Michelle Harris, which features lifestyle tips, beauty, aesthetics, spa life and more.