7 Wellness Secrets From Health Coach and Yoga Instructor Koya Webb
2) Affirmations – The power of affirmations never fails to amaze me. Something as simple as declaring positive beliefs and statements each morning can have such an impact on your general well-being. Because of that, I make sure to say a positive affirmation to myself at the start of every day. It’s a fantastic way to put out good energy into the universe and begin your day on a powerful note.
3) A Hearty Smoothie – Smoothies are my favorite way to fuel my body with the right amount of energy that I need. When I drink a smoothie I know that I am giving my body the proper nutrients that it needs by loading up on delicious fruits and vegetables. They also make for a great opportunity to get creative in the kitchen!
4) #AMileADay – I make it a priority to incorporate waking or running at least one mile into my daily routine. Running a mile is an excellent stress reliever and a great way to ensure that I am getting some fresh air from outdoors. It’s something that I enjoy doing with the people I love the most, like close friends and family.
5) A Break From the Screen – A large portion of my work is spent looking at a phone or computer screen. As part of my self-care routine, I always make sure to give myself some time out from looking at these screens in order to prevent any further eyestrain. Whether it’s taking a relaxing bath or just resting my eyes for a few minutes, it’s important that I put this self-care habit first.
6) Practice Gratitude – There are so many things to be grateful for. Whenever life gets overwhelming or stressful, I like to remind myself of everything I’m thankful for because it minimizes my worries and stresses. I like to create a gratitude list and write these all down. They are wonderful to look back on whenever life gets a bit chaotic!
7) Reading – Just as music is a fun opportunity for some people to discover new artists and sounds, books are a way for me to discover new authors and to learn. I’ve realized that in life there are always opportunities to learn something new, and reading books are my way of doing just that. It’s also my little escape from reality and a perfect way to wind down after a long day.
About Koya Webb:
Koya Webb is an internationally recognized yoga teacher, personal trainer, holistic health and wellness coach, author, motivational speaker and professional fitness model. She is known as a “transformational specialist” when it comes to helping people reach their goals—by encouraging sustainable positive lifestyle changes that maximize their ability to cultivate self-love, lose weight, increase energy and experience optimal health. Her holistic health, detox and lifestyle tips have been featured in Essence, LA Yoga, Oxygen, Vegan Health & Fitness, Max Sport & Fitness, and Muscle & Performance, among others. With over a decade of holistic studies at her command and certifications in Ashtanga, Rayoka, SUP, AcroVinyasa and AYfit, as well as NASM and IIN, Webb is dedicated to making a positive impact in the world of healthy living.